November 10, 2021
Dental implants can permanently replace one or more missing teeth and have a 95% success rate. Even so, the uncertainty of how treatment will feel may prevent some patients from moving forward with treatment. Read on to learn about how dental implants feel in your mouth and what exactly you can expect from the procedure.
How Dental Implants Feel at First
Dental implants are titanium posts that are inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. Through osseointegration, implants fuse with the jawbone to stabilize them and permanently replace the tooth root. After they’re placed, you may experience a strange sensation while eating because your mouth is still getting used to the new implants. You are also likely to experience some mild irritation while you heal, but this is to be expected with any surgical treatment.
How Dental Implants Feel as You Begin Adjusting to Them
As time goes on, you’ll begin to get used to your dental implants. Before you know it, you won’t even be able to feel a difference between them and your natural teeth. Since they fuse directly to the bone, you also won’t experience a lingering metallic taste in your mouth.
5 Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a range of benefits to those who have them. Some of the most notable ones include:
- Realistic – Theyare incredibly lifelike and blend seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
- Stability – implants bond directly with the jawbone through osseointegration, so they are must more stable than other tooth replacement options.
- Long-lasting – Dental implants are a permanent replacement for missing teeth. So, as long as you take good care of them, they will never need to be replaced.
- A Confident Smile – The stability of implants mean they won’t move around in your mouth like other tooth replacement options. Because of this you should be able to speak and eat with confidence!
- Improved Chewing – Dental implants allow you to regain at least 80% of your natural biting power. Because of this, you won’t have to make any major changes to your diet and can get back to eating your favorite foods without issue.
Call your dentist and schedule a consultation to find out if dental implants are the right choice for you and your smile. With this highly advanced, stable, and realistic tooth replacement option, you’ll be back to loving your smile in no time!
About the Practice
Dr. DawnMarie DiGrazia and her talented, compassionate, and highly skilled team at Somerset Dental Arts are here to offer exceptional dentistry to the residents of Somerville, Bridgewater, and Middlesex. They provide a range of tooth replacement options like dental implants to fill out your smile and help you regain confidence in your pearly whites. By working with a trusted local surgical specialist, they can guarantee that your implant surgery will give you the exceptional results you deserve. To learn more about implants or to set up an appointment, call Somerset Dental Arts at (908) 722-2999 or visit their website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.